1. – Don’t be poor. If you can, stop. If you can’t, try not to be poor for long.
2. – Don’t have poor parents.
3. – Own a car.
4. – Don’t work in a stressful, low paid manual job.
5. – Don’t live in damp, low quality housing.
6. – Be able to afford to go on a foreign holiday and sunbathe.
7. – Practice not losing your job and don’t become unemployed.
8. – Take up all benefits you are entitled to, if you are unemployed, retired or
sick or disabled.
9. – Don’t live next to a busy major road or near a polluting factory.
10. – Learn how to fill in the complex housing benefit/ asylum application
forms before you become homeless and destitute.